Monday, September 2, 2013

So this is it...

Today is my last full day in the United States and it feels so surreal. It's crazy to think that I've been researching and working so hard over the past year just for this and it is finally going to happen. Everyone is asking me if I'm excited, and to that I reply, yes, I am, but more than anything I'm nervous at the moment, nervous for what is yet to come and being unprepared. I know this is silly because all I've been doing is preparing for this, but I can't help but think that way.

I have to thank my amazing mom for helping me through all of these preparations and planning, I would still be going alone and ill equipped if it wasn't for your hard work bent over the computer into the late hours of the night.

I also wanna thank my worldly sister and all of the incredible advice she has given me so far on what to pack and what she figured out when she was just recently studying abroad in India last year for four months. It is your strength and courage to pursue the unknown that has inspired me to jump from my comfort zone into reality.

This also goes out to my amazing friends, supporting my crazy escapade to save the world, being there to talk if I need them, and calming down my irrational rambling. You have no idea how much strength I find in your pride for me, I don't know what I would do without your support.

I lastly have to thank my loving boyfriend, I don't know where I would be without you here for me everyday. We may be far apart and in two entirely different worlds, but only for a little while. I can't wait for our future together Jake, and your drive and encouragement helps me fly :]

Now lets see what tomorrow brings... see you on the other side loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment