Thursday, September 5, 2013

Traveling through infinite space.

Hey there loves! Sorry it's been so long without any updates, I've been wiped from the trip and eager to make myself accustom to my surroundings! So let me start at the very beginning, I left my family in Boston three days ago, which actually feels like weeks ago, and boarded a plane to Chicago where I had a two hour layover and just enough time to catch my breath before my extremely long plane ride to Doha, Qatar. I rode Qatar Air and it was a very nice plane :] It was quite large and was very accommodating complete with complimentary pillows, blankets, headphones, eye masks, and all that jazz. Once settled I found myself between an Indian family with a very intrigued dad that never ceased smiling at me for the 13 hours... and an old man with a very disapproving look, though I did get one smile out of him :] Anyway enough about that. While on the plane we were given two meals, dinner and breakfast, then a surprise snack at about 5am of chocolate ice cream. By the time we landed I was in a sleepless haze and had lost feeling in both legs, finding myself in the weird dreamland I found Qatar to be. I stayed in the Doha airport for 6 hours, what felt like 60 hours, surrounded by women in burqas and overpriced camel figurines. Finally boarding the last plane to Nepal, I arrived in Kathmandu at 9am, almost three days from when I had left my little home town of Sunapee. Now finding myself on the other side of the globe, passport in hand, pushing past eager taxi drivers to my program manager, Garret, ready for what lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment